- Computer and processor: 2 GHz or greater recommended for Skype for Business
- Memory: 4 GB RAM; 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
- Hard disk: 4 GB of available disk space
- Display: 1280 x 768 screen resolution (32-bit requires hardware acceleration for 4K and higher)
Web apps require the same minimum resolution as the OS they are running on.
Minimum resolution assumes zoom, DPI settings, and text scaling are set at 100%. If not set to 100%, minimum resolution should be scaled accordingly. For example, if you set the Windows display ‘Scale and layout’ setting on your Surface Book, which has a 3000×2000 physical display, to 200%, then Office would see a logical screen resolution of 1500×1000, meeting the minimum 1280×768 requirement.
- Graphics: Graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 9 or later, with WDDM 2.0 or higher for Windows 10 (or WDDM 1.3 or higher for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update).
Skype for Business requires DirectX 9 or later, 128 MB graphics memory, and 32-bits-per-pixel-capable format.
- Operating system: Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, or Windows 10 LTSC 2019
- Browser: The current version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox. Get more details.
- .NET version: Some features may require .NET 3.5 or 4.6 and higher to also be installed.
Internet functionality requires an internet connection. Fees may apply.
Office 2019 connections to Microsoft 365 services (for example, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online) are supported while Office 2019 is in mainstream support, through October 2023.
A touch-enabled device is required to use any multitouch functionality, but, all features and functionality are always available by using a keyboard, mouse, or other standard or accessible input device. Note that touch features are optimized for use with Windows 10.
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require additional or advanced hardware or server connectivity.
Cloud file management features require OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
Microsoft account or organizational account required for license assignment.
Skype for Business requires a standard laptop camera or USB 2.0 video camera, a microphone, and an audio output device in order to utilize its full range of calling and meeting features. We recommend that you use certified devices for the best experiences. For exact client video requirements, please review Skype for Business client video requirements.
- Integration with Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams requires connectivity to a supported version of Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams. See the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy site for supported versions of Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
- Some search functionality requires Windows Search.
- Certain advanced functionality may require connectivity to a supported version of Microsoft Exchange Server (or Exchange Online) or Microsoft SharePoint Server (or SharePoint Online). See the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy site for supported versions of Exchange Server and SharePoint Server.
- LinkedIn support requires a LinkedIn account.
- Speech recognition functionality requires a microphone.
- Read-aloud functionality requires an audio output device.
- Rights Management features require access to either a cloud deployment of Microsoft Rights Management (Azure Rights Management) or an on-premises deployment (Active Directory Rights Management Services).
- Dynamic calendars require server connectivity.